This scholarship fully funded on applicant’s tuition fees for full time Degree Courses in any educational institute in Malaysia which is accredited by MQA.
To recognize general excellence for students from disadvantaged backgrounds and to encourage further academic success amongst students who experience educational disadvantage due to financial hardship.
- Accounting & Finance
- Economic / Business Administration / Business & Commerce / Marketing
- Human Resource Management
- Computer Science
- Electrical & Electronic / Mechanical Engineering
- Food Science / Food Technology / Microbiology
- Supply Chain / Logistic Management
Terms & Conditions:-
- Academic Results as per the following:-
- STPM / A Level – Min 2As 1B
- Matriculation / Diploma – CGPA 3.5 or above
- Demonstrate financial assistance, total household income not more than RM5,000.
- The recipient shall not be holding (concurrently) any other full or partial scholarship from other organization / foundations / educational institute. This excludes EPF withdrawals or loans from external financial agencies.
- Must be Malaysian citizens, aged below 25 years old as of 1st January 2017; excellent academic achievement; active participation in extra-curricular activities; and strong leadership behaviour.
- Scholarship offered is not transferable to another program of study and is neither transferable to other recipient nor is the unutilised portion of the scholarship refundable or exchangeable for cash or other alternatives.
- Continuation of the scholarship is subject to the recipient successfully meeting the study requirements of each term of the programme, including passing all subjects with credit scores, and adherence to programme rules.
- The scholarship covers academic expenses including tuition and examination fees up to a maximum amount of RM25,000 valid for one year only for the duration of a maximum study period of 4 years.
- In the event that the recipient is suspended or terminated by the educational institute at any point in time, before the completion of the programme, the scholarship shall automatically be terminated.
- Oldtown Group reserves the right to forfeit the scholarship offered when a recipient decides to discontinue studies (without completion of the program). In such circumstances, the full tuition fees will be payable by the recipient, from the date of termination and for the remainder of the program.
- Successful applicants agree to enter into a bonding agreement which will see the recipient employed by Oldtown Group for a specific period upon graduation. However, employment shall subject to availability of a position during the time.
Application Supporting Documents:-
- Photocopy IC of the applicant
- Passport-Sized Photograph
- Parents / guardian’s latest 3 months salary slip or salary confirmation letter from employer
- Certified true copy of student academic reports or school transcript and a recommendation letter (include academic achievement and accomplishments) from teacher, counselor or headmistress.
- Applications may be submitted based on the latest semester results (for Matriculation, Diploma ‘A’ Levels, Foundation or semester 1 for first Degree students) or trial examination results (for STPM students).
- Complete course information including subjects, fees and duration to complete.
- Updated Resume – including applicant’s co-curricular/extra-curricular activities, achievements and certificates.
- One (1) page summary of yourself, illustrating your personal profile, aspirations, academic background, and any other relevant facts.
- Education certificates (STPM/A-Level and/or Diploma certificates, university acceptance/offer letter, etc.)
Tel: 05-541 5511 (ext. 263 & 265)
To apply for Oldtown Education Scholarship, you can download the application form here, complete it and mail all information to the address below.
Oldtown Berhad (CSR Department)
2, Jalan Portland
Kawasan Perindustrian Tasek
Perak Darul Ridzuan